Thursday, August 27, 2015

Nay, shun

God bless the dead as the dead man would say
I can rhyme and rip out poetics and im talented
but its not like im trying to be the old chick without a kid
im not chasing something that time has passed by
not exactly living when living is a lie
everyday there are mountains and today i choose to climb
planets make me older every time i fly right by
i wave at me not knowing what another year will bring
and when i look at all ive wasted i the opposite of sing
lately ive been losing and the monster in the mirror
is reaching out and grabbing me to drag me to his lair
i pray a lot God answers me but i am pulling strings
im a free to waste away my gifts while screaming freedom rings
for as a free and able man
im free to hell myself to damn
i do it daily, i do. i do.
does it feel like maybe you do too?
this land of the brave is home to few
we have a ship but where's our crew?
who can guide us? lead us all?
who stands upright, will answer the call?
who among? one for all?
all the knowledge and wisdom in all the earth
all signs will point to a single birth
God is alive, forever will be,
but not in my country, tis of thee
For those who would argue, come pray with me
to regain what was once sweet liberty

No comments:

Post a Comment

All criticism welcomed. Thank you kindly