Sunday, August 18, 2019

Dee Pleat Ed.

Been up for a minute
Since about 5am
Made a pot of coffee
Music therapy, application

Soon the house will arise
Wake to distract
Head full and heavy
It’s all about the react

My baby is here
Weekend part-time dad
When I return her
It’s always sad

I usually cry
Sometimes it takes time
Like when putting toys away
Missing out making dimes

Ten times ten
One hundred percent
Slave to dollars
Making ends paying rent

My children love me
But I’m not satisfied
If I said I do enough
Believe me I lied

Never ending stories
Of struggling for real
This shit piles heavy
Layers, lack appeal

Give me a sign
Message from above
Show me the path
Lacking self-love

Hard on myself
Heavy loaded Atlas
Shouldering burdens
Hard knock life class

Fizzle out quickly
Energy never lasting
Get lost every time
Time wasted past me

He or me?
Falling into habits of old
Borrowed and broken. Soiled and cold.
Wanting but wavering. Inconsistently bold.

He(e/a)r me:
Tale between legs lack I that eye of tiger shine.
Head in hand, down. Cowardly Lion in a handout line.
Cheesy-Wiz. Cheddar-less. Deaf, eating. Whiny and dying.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All criticism welcomed. Thank you kindly